Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Our Homemade Christmas tree


Here's our Christmas tree. All the fake trees they sell here are really expensive, so we made our own. We got the idea from the senior missionaries. There are some pine-tree-looking things on campus, about fifteen of them around the streets. The kids worked hard collecting pinecones but they weren't falling fast enough for us. We needed them by December. So my mom and I both went gathering them one day and we whacked a bunch down off of the trees. We needed about sixty total, but we actually had more than enough. The angel on top is also homemade from seashells. We bought the cute little Tongan Nativity scene. Notice the pig instead of the sheep? I think that there is no such thing as a Tongan Nativity with a sheep and no pigs.

1 comment:

Karey said...

Very neat. What great experiences it sounds like you're having. I guess we all get to live vicariously through you.