
Here is a lovely picture of Dad after he went spearfishing. He had a pretty successful night, spearfishing around the reef. They caught quite a few fish and this is one of them. We researched it later and found out that it was a 'stonefish' which is actually poisonous! if you step on it with no shoes on then it will sting you and put poison in you! and then it hurts really bad for a long time. But anyways, when they speared it, they had no idea about this. all they knew was that it looked dangerous. So they just tried to be careful. Nothing bad happened though. Then afterwards, Mom took some pictures of him and the fish that he caught. They all agreed that the stonefish was the ugliest fish on the planet (except they didn't know it was a stonefish yet). So here is dad, holding up a poisonous fish, and making a lovely face. They do look a bit similar there, don't they?
And here's the rest of the fish that they caught, along with the stonefish up there too. That's an eel in there, and I believe I ate some of that one. Accidentally of course. Who would willingly eat an eel? Well, a few people would but I'm not one of them. It actually was pretty good, until I realized what I was eating, of course. Well, that's an adventure for you!-Michaela
3 comments:
That is one ugly fish!!! Looks like fun, though! I'm glad the poisonous part didn't get you!
that is michael? it looks just like robert. wow.
wow! I am so glad your Dad didn't touch that stonefish! We have a lot of those around my hometown in Cairns, Australia and I understand that they really hurt! I have been enjoying reading your family blog - you kids sure are talented writers! Enjoy the rest of your experience!
-Bianca in Boise.
Post a Comment